Wednesday 6 August 2008

Absinthe

Good to see that Absinthe is making a comeback. Interesting that the American market is where all the new action is, and that the products available there are higher quality than in Europe:

To date, there are four brands on US shelves: Lucid (Breaux's formula), Kuebler, Green Moon, and St. George Absinthe Verte. "The US is lucky in that its first absinthes are high-quality products, distilled from whole herbs," Breaux says. "In the European market, 80 to 90 percent is industrial junk."

I want my grave-photo to show me sitting at a table, having just finished an excellent repast, smoking a Cuban cigar and drinking a fine Absinthe.*

* Does one drink Absinthe after dinner or before? Perhaps I could make do with a fine champagne cognac.

1 comment:

  1. My friend Cliff once looked into absinthe and formed the impression one was suppose to pour it over a lump of sugar and set it on fire, but I don't recall at what stage in the pocess one was supposed to consume it. Possibly the committed absinthe drinker is reluctant to wait till dinner time and starts before breakfast.

    ReplyDelete