Sunday 4 September 2005

Benefitting from a bug

Found a level 46 Dwarf Hunter hitting a level 35 Forsaken Bodyguard on the road from Southshore to the Arathi Highlands. The Bodyguard wasn't taking any damage and wasn't hitting back.

"He's not really there," I said helpfully, wondering why a level 46 player wouldn't know that it was just client lag or something.

"I know," said the Dwarf, "It's a bug. But I'm getting points in Unarmed!"

Sure enough, when I took off my staff and started duking it out with the Bodyguard up went my skill in Unarmed from 0 to 132 in about five minutes. Of course a Warlock isn't really going to benefit from Unarmed, but it was free points!

A few Horde players wandered along and seemed to get a little upset that we were hitting an undead NPC, but since it wasn't marked for PvP they couldn't touch us. Nice selection of threatening roars, barks, and what seemed like chesty coughs, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment