Thursday 28 March 2013

Google Reader

The thing I like most about Google Reader is that it doesn't clutter itself up with useless pictures or fancy styling. After that, the thing I like next most is that it doesn't incorporate useless social information, such as what people I barely know think is interesting, or what they think about the things that I think are interesting. As a result, it is constantly open on my desktop, often with many tabs (I go along the newsfeeds, opening tabs when I find interesting stgories, then I read them one after another in a batch).

Uniformly, I have found that the people who like Google Reader are the high-intelligence, interesting and vocal types. Pity Google was unable to to see that from its usage figures. Yes, Google, there are not very many intelligent people in the world. But they ALL liked Reader, and now you have pissed them off. I hope Microsoft take this opportunity to bring something out to replace it! "Bing Reader," anybody? ("Bing!, and it's read!" — perhaps not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment