Friday 12 June 2009

Today's unfinished business

It often happens that I have to reboot the PC (usually because of an over-insistent "important" upgrade, thank you Microsoft) while several tabs in the browser are still not fully explored, digested and/or commented upon. I've decided in cases like these that I'll return to the now seemingly prehistoric formula of a blog post full of links :))), just so that I can review them again if need be. Without further ado, here are today's candidates.

  • Processing: seemingly a language for doing visual work, graphics and so on. It seems to be very popular and has a large user community, many of them non-technical. This is the second time I've been led to this site; why don't I know anything about it?
  • Adobe Flash Player Support Center: the place to download a debug version of the Flash Player, for if I ever get serious about learning something about game development. Also the place to go for the lates released version of Flash.
  • SpriteLib GPL: a collection of graphics that can be used in games for free.

1 comment:

  1. I don't let Windows update itself; it's allowed to download the update files, but may install them only after I've checked what they are and give approval. Even then I sometimes make it wait a day or too in the hope that it will come to realise its humble place in the scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete